Your privacy is important to us.
METER2CASH SOLUTIONS Pty Ltd adheres to the ten National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 when collecting, using, storing and disclosing the information contained in this website and will not unlawfully disclose this information. You are entitled to gain access to this information and should you wish to do so please forward your written request to:The Privacy Officer METER2CASH SOLUTIONS Pty Ltd, PO Box 404 NUNDAH QLD 4012.
This statement outlines our policy on how we manage the personal information we hold about you. METER2CASH SOLUTIONS Pty Ltd adheres to the ten National Privacy Principles (NPPS) under the Privacy Act 1988 when collecting, using, storing and disclosing the information.
Essentially, the NPPS requires METER2CASH SOLUTIONS to ensure that we:
- Collect only personal information which is necessary for METER2CASH SOLUTIONS to perform its functions and activities
- Take reasonable steps to inform individuals from whom we are collecting personal information how to contact us, the purposes for which the information is collected and the organisations to whom this information is normally disclosed
- Wherever possible, only collect personal information from the individual and, where information is collected from someone else, we take reasonable steps to provide the information described in point 2 above to the individual
- Only use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected
- Protect and maintain the security and accuracy of personal information which is collected, and give individuals the right to access and update personal information that is held about them
- Develop policies regarding how personal information will be collected and used and make these policies readily available to the public.
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we only collect information about you directly from you. This information would normally be collected at the time you lodge an Application for Supply. Furthermore, we only collect and hold personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- Provide meter reading, billing, payment and collection services on behalf of the body corporate or landlord
- Maintain and update your contact details when they change for the purpose of the above activities
We do not collect your information for any other purpose.
The information we collect and maintain could include:
- Full name
- Supply address
- Contact/Postal address
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Utility rebate eligibility
- Date of birth
- Date Responsible for Supply
- Drivers licence number
How do we store personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally by telephone, mail, or electronic medium (ie internet). We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
METER2CASH SOLUTIONS endeavours to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that this information changes from time to time through changes of address and other personal circumstances. We can generally update your customer information over the telephone or in writing.
How is information used and disclosed?
METER2CASH SOLUTIONS only collects information for its primary purpose and may disclose personal information about you to the body corporate or landlord. Pursuant to Division 5 Part III of the Privacy Act 1988, METER2CASH SOLUTIONS may also disclose personal information to a credit reporting agency for the purpose of obtaining or creating credit information files.
How can I access my information?
You can contact us to request access to your information, however a charge may be made to provide you access to your information. Access to your information may be provided to you in hard copy form (if we store it in that manner) or via electronic means. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If access is denied, we will provide you with the reason why.